Monday, February 25, 2013

Etsy envy

I've been on an Etsy kick lately.

I love taking the opportunity to support small business and shop handmade. Sure, I could buy similar items for less at generic box stores. But I'd much rather see my money go to individuals rather than to corporations, and I also believe that it's important to celebrate and build up the creative folk around us. They help make the world a brighter, more beautiful place!

Mmm ... handmade soap! I'm currently awaiting
a shipment to arrive from this Etsy shop.
So while I love shopping Etsy, I must confess: I get some serious envy at the skill and creativity out there. I wish I could sew, crochet, knit. Oh, if only I could have a shop that sold beautiful stationery or delicious-smelling soaps!

The problem? While I think I'm fairly creative, I lack the drive to really excel at any one venture. I've dabbled in this, tried my hand out at that. Maybe I just haven't found that one thing that really grabs my attention. Maybe there is some creativity and skill that just hasn't yet been tapped.

Or maybe I'm just better at the shopping than the creating.

How about you? Do you ever have Etsy envy?

No comments:

Post a Comment